I am a licensed clinical professional counselor specializing in individual therapy for adults, and maintain a private practice in Gardiner, Maine
With 20 years of experience as a holistic and integrative therapist, my areas of expertise are trauma, depression, issues of identity and self esteem, anxiety, grief, loss, problems arising from health crises, and life transitions.
Using therapies such as mindfulness, energy therapies, and interpersonal and insight-oriented counseling, I combine holistic and mind-body therapies with conventional psychotherapy to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. Working from this integrated mind-set, I help clients question life patterns and stuck spots that aren't working. Once symptoms are less of a problem (the mind can be calm, the body is less reactive), it is possible to discover options and make the choices that support life change and personal growth.
- PhD in Counseling Studies, Capella University
- M.A., Emphasis in Counseling Psychology, Vermont College
- B.A., Emphasis in Writing, Vermont College
- B.A., Psychology, University of Texas
- Licensed as an LCPC in the State of Maine
- Transpersonal therapy
- Guided imagery
- Energy Psychology
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) parts I and II - EMDR Institute, Inc.
- Maine Mental Health Counselors Association (MEMHCA)